8 Large Eggs separated
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1/2 cup Sugar (granulated)
1 cup Sugar (granulated)
2 cups Flour
2 and half teaspoon Baking powder
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
3/4 cup Milk
2 teaspoons Vanilla flavour
Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Separate Egg whites and yolks. Sieve Flour, Baking powder and salt together. Add 1 cup of sugar to the flour and combine.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup of Sugar and keep whisking until stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped egg foam to another bowl and set aside.
- In the mixer bowl, mix oil, milk, egg yolks and vanilla until pale. Add flour mix to the egg yolk mix and beat for about 2 minutes.[ Pic
- Gradually and gently fold in egg white foam into the flour/yolks mixture until incorporated.
- Bake in ungreased pans. for about 45 minutes.
I used 2 10 inches by 2 inches round pans in the picture